“Painting People in Watercolor” Workshop with Bobbie Crews
Intermediate to advanced watercolor painters
Watercolor can have a mind of its own. This class addresses color, line and washes to express the character and energy of the subject as well as capturing a likeness. Even if you usually paint other subject matter, this workshop will help you progress to another level in your own painting interests.
Some experience with drawing people and/or faces is helpful.
1. Making sure the drawing is in perspective.
2. Demonstration and discussion of the basics in portrait painting.
3. Demonstration of the properties of the paint and how to get the most out of it in painting facial features.
4. Discussion of ideas, energy and motion; composition, values, hard and soft edges, and allowing your
watercolors to be true to the character of the medium.
5. Learning when to let the colors mix themselves on your paper and working with layers.
6. Learning the importance of the white of the paper.
7. Personal guidance and problem solving with technique and process in mind.
Paintings to Take Home
New Ideas and Ways to Look at Things
Dates: October 16th, 17th and 18th, 2009
Friday and Saturday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Sunday 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Location: 9341 Kingston Pike Market Place Shopping Center (next to Hobby Lobby)
Knoxville, TN Cedar Bluff area of West Knoxville
Limited space available, please sign up as soon as possible.
Cost per person: $150 for 3 day workshop
For more information call: 865-591-0831
or email email@example.com
How did you hear about this workshop?___________________
Please make check out to: Bobbie Crews
Mail to: Bobbie Crews Studio
100 Gay St, Suite 107
Knoxville, TN 37902
O you may drop off form and payment at the studio if you like
or to the Arts and Cultural Alliance in the upstairs offices.